ASX200 up 91 points (1.3%) to 7344.
- Altium (-3.1%); Autodesk has terminates talks with Altium.
- BHP (+1.7%); press speculation that BHP is considering getting out of oil and gas……
- Cimic (+3.8%); said 1H profit -34% after selling half its mining services unit Theiss. Reiterated positive outlook and previous guidance.
- Kogan (+0.8%); FY sales +52%, revenue +56%, profit +60% yoy. 2H performance hit by warehousing costs and the purchase of too much stock.
- Lend Lease (+1.9%); has agreed to sell its services business to Service Stream for $310m.
- Lithium Aust (+6.8%); has been admitted to the Global Battery Alliance.
- Service Stream (TH); See Lend Lease. SSM said it would raise $185m via an underwritten entitlement offer and placement @ 90c.
- South 32 (+2.5%); said it will record a pretax impairment of $728m against its Illawarra Metallurgical Coal business in Australia after planning officials rejected a plan to extend the life of its Dendrobium mine.
………and US magazine Moneybarn conducted a survey which rated the rudest drivers on the road. According to that survey the rudest drivers are;
- BMW M and X. Any number…..
- Range Rover
- Audi TT
- Mercedes Benz C class
Some readers of this jibber are probably saying this survey is stupid — which is why you drive these cars ! We know who you are, and you know who you are. For the record I drive a Datsun 120Y. Its green with a white vinyl top and has a wicked cassette player………..