ASX200 up 37 points (0.5%) to 7060.
- Crown (-0.4%); the casino in Perth is closed for the week thanks to the ‘rona. Bars and restaurants still open…..
- Elders (+0.2%); has appointed Tania Foster as CFO. She has been at NAB for the last 10 years.
- Premier Investments (-1.6%); will repay $15m in JobKeeper funds and is confident it will meet market consensus for FY21.
- Westpac (+4%); 1H result. A lot of numbers but here are the main ones – 1H revenue +1% yoy. 1H earnings $3.54bn, +256% yoy. 1H cash profit $3.44bn vs $1.19bn profit pcp. 1H ROE 10.2% vs 2.9% pcp. Looks to be a solid result, ahead of consensus, with costs going lower. A lot of research notes out there if you want more details..….ANZ +0.9% CBA +0.8% NAB +1.8%
- Worley (-0.6%); has won a Design Contract with Liquid Wind. No financial details as yet………
…..and a report in The Australian has said that schools have been urged to ditch calculators and ensure mathematics teaching focuses on building students’ arithmetic knowledge and skills in a bid to help Australia catch up to high-performing nations.