With the low interest rate environment currently in place, dividends are more important than ever in the context of earning satisfactory returns on your money. Scott Kelly from DNR Capital tells Informed Investor more.
Key Points in the video :
- The importance of dividends as a key driver of investment returns
- The correlation between dividend yield and share price performance
- What retirees need to be wary of with yield strategies
- The general outlook for dividends
- Where DNR Capital is seeing opportunities at the moment
For more information on the DNR Capital Australian Equities Income Portfolio click here.
Scott Kelly joined DNR Capital in August 2015 and is Portfolio Manager for the Australian Equities Income Portfolio. He is also responsible for the investment research of the telecommunications, transport, IT, utilities and infrastructure sectors. Scott, who has more than 16 years’ investment experience, holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland and is a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand, a CFA charter holder and a Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.