Sam Twidale, Portfolio Manager for DNR Capital’s Australian Emerging Companies Fund, speaks with Informed Investor about how he identifies small-cap stocks for his Fund in volatile trading conditions.
Key points in the video:
- Finding quality small-cap stocks in a volatile market
- The importance of a tried and true investment process in this sector
- Ignoring the investment bias toward the short term that is prevalent in current markets
- DNR’s view on the trend of local small-cap companies expanding offshore
- One such stock DNR likes at the moment
Sam Twidale is Portfolio Manager for the Australian Emerging Companies Fund.
Sam has over 15 years of investment experience and joined DNR Capital in September 2017, having previously worked as a European portfolio manager at Schroders in London for over seven years. Prior to this, he worked at Citigroup in London as an equity research analyst covering the resources sector. He commenced his career in the advisory division of Pricewaterhouse Coopers in Brisbane. Sam has a Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland, a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration from the Queensland University of Technology, and is a CFA charter holder.