Scott Kelly from DNR Capital shares his thoughts with Informed Investor on the potential implications should any of the proposed changes to franking credit treatment become reality through a Labor election win.
Key points in the video:
- The implications of a Labor win in the next Federal Election
- If they do win, what needs to happen for their stated policy on franking credits to be passed into legislation?
- The risks involved across various sectors and strategies in trying to pre-empt Labor’s policy
- Some reasons to still own fully franked shares
- How DNR is positioning itself at present
- How investors should position themselves in the current environment
Scott Kelly joined DNR Capital in August 2015 and is Portfolio Manager for the Australian Equities Income Portfolio. He is also responsible for the investment research of the telecommunications, transport, IT, utilities and infrastructure sectors. Scott, who has more than 16 years’ investment experience, holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Queensland and is a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand, a CFA charter holder and a Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.