YAL – Credit Suisse rates the stock as Neutral

By Broker News | More Articles by Broker News

The broker notes the company has received a non-binding takeover proposal from 78% shareholder Yanzhou Coal Mining, who now wants the remaining 22% it does not currently own. The offer price works out to around 69c per share, leading the broker to call the offer an “opportunistic take-under” given the last close at 70c.

Shareholder and court approval are neither a given and then you’ve got the FIRB. The latter will see Yanzhou jump through a number of hoops if it hopes to proceed. The Buy call and 80c price target are maintained.
Sector: Energy.

Target price is $0.80.Current Price is $0.73. Difference: $0.07 – (brackets indicate current price is over target). If YAL meets the Credit Suisse target it will return approximately 9% (excluding dividends, fees and charges – negative figures indicate an expected loss).

Broker News

About Broker News

FNArena's Australian Broker Call, is your daily news report on the latest recommendation, valuation, forecast and opinions recently published by Stockbrokers.

View more articles by Broker News →